Our Mission and Objective
We at ‘Save the desert’ have pledged , vowed and committed ourselves to work untiringly towards the objective of Saving the desert , the sand domes and the forests from disappearing through haphazard and meaningless construction activities, stopping the land grabbers from acquiring land in the name of farming,building of hotels and apartments,industrialization etc and thus saving the rich culture,heritage and traditions of the desert.
The goals to be achieved in the immediate future are -
- Making people aware of the concept and necessity of the desert.
- Making people aware that the sand domes and the desert land is gradually diminishing.
- Attempting to educate people as to why the desert needs to be saved.
- Bringing the fact to the notice of all that efforts have already begun in countries like USA,UK,Australia ,Egypt and Middle East countries to save and protect the desert.
- Making people aware that the traditional and conventional vegetables and crops of desert like…..are vanishing and are being replaced by the regular vegetables and crops.
- Bringing the facts to the knowledge of people that with disappearance of desert,the culture and traditions of desert will also gradually fade .
- Highlighting the fact there is a substantial threat to the species herbs,and animals of the desert .
- Educating and persuading the village folks not to sell their land to the builders and industrialists.
- Identifying and highlighting the facts that the there are alternative employment opportunities through Tourism, Exploration of Oil and Minerals,purposeful mining and setting up of cottage Industries.
- Identifying the old heritage buildings which are being misused as Government and Private offices, Courts etc.
- Identifying the old Hawelis and Palaces which are closed or locked and persuading their owners to open them for public and thus generating employment.
- Following up with the authorities to ensure that the mining activities in the Aravali range, a potential threat to the desert is immediately stopped.
- Persuading the Government to undertake construction of Roads and Railway tracks through over bridges causing minimum damage to the desert.
- Persuading the Government to get an undertaking signed by all seeking elections to Parliament, Assembly or Panchayat etc that they would respect the desert and would work towards saving the desert.
- Bringing the facts about the depleting stage of the Indian desert to the attention of the Government, United Nations and any other International organization.
- Coordinating with various environmentalists,activist groups and desert lovers in other parts of world to work jointly towards the common goal of saving the desert.
A lot can be achieved through large scale participation and cooperation of those who have a ‘feel’ towards desert , who have some emotions attached with the desert and those who love and adore nature in its purest form.